Gwyn Ridenhour, Owner
- We believe in the ability of story to make the world a better place.
- We believe books are a powerful conduit of these stories, connecting people to ideas, history, creativity, and each other.
- We believe investing in a local economy and community is key to making our towns more thoughtful and our lives more full.
- We believe an indie bookstore is a wellspring of human connection, ideas, community, dialogue, and those beautiful books we all love.
- We believe in teamwork, compassion, and personal relationships.
- We believe in environmental sustainability, partnering with Franklin Web Printing for our newsletter production (see their bio below!) and collaborating with printers local to each bookstore for other design needs to reduce the need for long-distance shipping.
I love books! Working on the newsletters for over 16 years has afforded me the opportunity to get to know many of our indie booksellers and form friendships which I cherish. My dream is to one day travel the country to each and every one. Working for Matchbook Marketing has one special perk—I can work in my jammies if I want! New and upcoming books are continuously added to my wish list and did I mention that I love books?
Graphic Design: Website Development
After 20+ years as a marketing professional, I decided to follow my love of the web, specializing in graphic and web design. I began with traditional HTML development and have added Drupal, WordPress and Bootstrap to my skillset. Gwyn has introduced me to the world of independent booksellers and I am honored to participate in this vision.
Logo & Branding
I am a self-taught illustrator and a University trained designer who LOVES to create. Working with Matchbook has given me the opportunity to come up with timeless brands and identities for great people who are all doing something their communities need: opening up welcoming bookstores. Each identity has a positive message or wholesome approach to it, which makes me enjoy the process even more.
franklin web printing
Since 1977, Franklin Web Printing Company has operated as a non-heatset web printing company. We are also committed to leaving the world a better place than we’ve found it. We recycle almost everything we use and purchase materials that are friendly to the environment . We’re even recognized by our local government as a “Live Green Business Partner“.