Gwyn Ridenhour, CEO
- We believe in the ability of story to make the world a better place.
- We believe books are a powerful conduit of these stories, connecting people to ideas, history, creativity, and each other.
- We believe investing in a local economy and community is key to making our towns more thoughtful and our lives more full.
- We believe an indie bookstore is a wellspring of human connection, ideas, community, dialogue, and those beautiful books we all love.
- We believe in teamwork, compassion, and personal relationships. We call our Matchbook booksellers family.
- We believe in environmental sustainability, partnering with Franklin Web Printing for our newsletter production (see their bio below!) and collaborating with printers local to each bookstore for other design needs to reduce the need for long-distance shipping.
I love books! Working on the newsletters for over 12 years has afforded me the opportunity to get to know many of our indie booksellers and form friendships which I cherish. My dream is to one day travel the country to each and every one. Working for Matchbook Marketing has one special perk—I can work in my jammies if I want! New and upcoming books are continuously added to my wish list and did I mention that I love books?
Graphic Design: Logo/Website
After 20+ years as a marketing professional, I decided to follow my love of the web, specializing in graphic and web design. I began with traditional HTML development and have added Drupal, WordPress and Bootstrap to my skillset. Gwyn has introduced me to the world of independent booksellers and I am honored to participate in this vision.
Digital Marketing and
Social Media Consultant
I’m a booknerd and copywriter on a mission to help independent booksellers use digital marketing and social media to reach more readers. I got my love of books from growing up in a family of readers and earned a BA in English just to keep my nose in books. I have a marketing background that I want to use to empower independent booksellers with the skills and confidence to market themselves in a digital world.
franklin web printing
Since 1977, Franklin Web Printing Company has operated as a non-heatset web printing company. We are also committed to leaving the world a better place than we’ve found it. We recycle almost everything we use and purchase materials that are friendly to the environment . We’re even recognized by our local government as a “Live Green Business Partner“.